turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

@Kimmediato22   I understand I know some things are different but we trying to give them as much information as we can We trying to let them know that we didn’t get no advance we didn’t have no fees we file for free and it’s like we’re trying to help them and some just seem really salty

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

I just got off the phone with a turbo tax rep 4/10 10:25pm EST and I was told the stimulus payment would be deposited to the turbo tax card if that is the most recent refund on file. You will not receive a paper check.  You can’t update checking account info until mid April and it will be on the IRS website. Hope this helps 

@Kolakkandi  

I agree. I gave the info asked along time ago but it seems that it’s always the wrong answer unless it’s the answer they want to hear. Thanks again for the post 

@Nhenderson08  Thank You! Did you confirm with the rep that this is the case for customers who paid the fees with their refund as well?

@Kimmediato22  Same to you God Bless 

I think they want to know if that includes the people who had fees taken out. 

People who are salty are gonna be salty no matter how anyone comes at them. Look at how long this thread is. They don’t know for sure if you had fees taken out if you will receive the funds on the card. If you didn’t then you are definitely receiving funds on the card. Sometimes the answer is “we aren’t sure” until things start to actually happen or not. 

some people can’t handle the unknown or have patience. Gotta let it go hun and pay no mind to all that chatter.

Hernandezfelipe984
Returning Member

When can we receive a stimulus check first direct deposit into a bank account when will we know

That's odd, because when I review the 1040 that was sent to the IRS and the Direct Deposit info/Account and Routing Info on my TurboTax card, they are the EXACT same Account and Routing numbers. I find it odd that there were 2 separate account numbers for DD.

It’s because the bank in question issued several different types of cards not just the turbo tax cards. It seems to be that those cards may have been handled differently. I as well have the exact same account info still on the account and on my tax return, in fact my husband uses the account for his direct deposit from work still. This is why TurboTax/intuit is unsure of what the actual answer will be. The bank has issued one statement, yet we have this information. All we can do is wait and see. There is nothing more we can do at this time.

I've seen some speculation online that if you're having funds withheld or getting an advance that the information on the W2s we can access online through TT we're generated retroactively with our permanent Routing Account # associated with our cards and on the paper work sent initially to the IRS that they have a temporary Account Routing number used by a third party to access our funds first and then funnel the left over funds back to us via Account Routing numbers associated with our cards.  That's just speculation in some of the discussion threads as I personally don't have transcripts from the IRS and am not familiar with the process of how the funds owed are disseminated. 

That link did not have an answer to whether or not the stimulus check will deposit to the Turbo card or be mailed, how do we get that information? 

Thus far, if you have a Turbo Tax VISA card and paid no fees toward tax preparations then you will get your Cares stimulus loaded on that card as many people have already received notifications from TT that the deposit is waiting and will be available on a specific date.  As of now, anyone who used Turbo Tax and had fees withdrawn from there Turbo card technically used SBTG in unison with Turbo tax and they will get a check from what the latest updates say. SBTG takes a fee themselves and it looks like they can’t collect a fee from the IRS so they simply aren’t participating. 

This info is in their website as well

My car told me that I received the 1200 for the stimulus and it would let me know when those funds were available how long does it take for them to become available

Are you referencing the $120 fee I had to pay Turbo Tax for my tax preparation?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies