turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

It seems like a lot including yourself is not doing your research at all and is coming here making the same statement and asking the same questions. If you don’t not receive a direct deposit by the 15th the irs will launch another portal OK THE 17th that allows you to check the status of your payment AND GIVE YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT INFORMATION. Once you entered you information it will be sent almost immediately. If you do not have a bank account then paper checks will start goin out the next week. 

SHAMIKA34

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

No my mom federal tax she filed 2 weeks ago was missing a number so shes waiting on a check but she received a stimulus in her account bc she used the same account in 2018 which is weird 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

@Karon32

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ocmomof5

Will thr stimulus go on my turbo tax card

Still doesn’t make sense if On the 1040 form my account and routing number are there and that’s the same as what shows in the turbo card app to set up direct deposits with my job or anything else. The IRS has the 1040 with the info!

For everyone who filed your return using TurboCard and you don’t want to wait for your stimulus check to be mailed and need the money quicker you need to enter your bank account info on the IRS online tool on 04/17th. 

(The IRS will set up an online tool by April 17 to get your coronavirus relief payment transferred electronically to your bank account. )

Original article link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/stim[product key removed]t-deposits-heres-...

@Ocmomof5  read the comment above yours... And all the previous comments. 

@Roger_manning

Same here. I think it's going to be a waiting game honestly. If I haven't received an answer or a deposit by the time the portal is up and running then I'll be using that to change my info 

Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them. An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. ******This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.******

original link 

(https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-launch-new-tool-to-help-non-filers-register-for-economic-i...

Because your deposit account info is a Turbocard account your refund will be mailed out it because the Turbocard account is not a US Bank checking account it’s a money card account and is not set up to be regulated by federal banking rules.  

@Nikkilette Yeah that is what I’m thinking too 

@bpeck1 

Im afraid you are confused.  That is not a reason why it might not be dd onto tt card:  it have a routing and account number, which can also be used for other methods of direct deposit and to pay bills.

The activities of Green Dot Bank are limited to those specifically authorized under Utah banking laws and Utah DFI regulations and permissible under applicable federal law and Federal Reserve regulations. Bank regulators regularly examine the operations of BHCs and banks.

@Shan3234 

You are confusing SBTPG with Santa Barbara Bank and Tryst; these are not the same.  Green dot bank issued the Turbo tax card.  If you had fees taken out you can go to the SBTPG site, click on taxpayer and enter SSN, refund amount and filing status to see your info.  

@ bpeck1

As an FDIC-insured commercial bank that is chartered under the laws of Utah and a member of the Federal Reserve System, Green Dot Bank and its subsidiaries are subject to regulation, supervision and examination by the Federal Reserve and the Utah DFI.

Greendot is who the Turbo card is issued by.

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

No, sbtbg is santa Barbra tax products group, "a green dot company". SAYS IT  RIGHT ON TOP OF PAGE OF THE LINK ABOVE. Now, that said, go to sbtpg.com, click on for taxpayers, enter info, and you will see your tax info!! now go back to sbtpg.com and click blue corona virus link up top! You are getting a paper check if you had fees or refund advance thru turbo tax and you got refund on turbo prepaid debit card. And you cant change deposit info on upcoming irs website. The irs already got your deposit info, and its a closed account through santa Barbara, santa Barbara bank, sbtpg, green dot, whatever ! All the same!! People, its better to be prepared. Unless they change something, people in this situation will have to wait for check to be mailed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies