Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Where did you read that? I can't seem to find it online, but it makes sense. 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I still haven't received my federal tax return. Filed February 22, 2020. It's been processing for 3 months. Can you please explain why. I need it!!

LW7
Level 3

You will loose so don't waste your time I've spoke to a live irs rep Monday it's going to be awhile than its already because they got shut down crazy yrs cause they shouldn't had shut down but they did but please believe as of the 15th of next they gotta put interest on our waits so guess what you will have your we all will have it in a few weeks watch

Yes a class a lawsuit against Turbo tax is what we need I too got my Stimulus check through Turbo tax?? But never received my Federal check over $800 I can't get any answers and they are getting

Interest on all our returns so sad I thought I could trust them figure a scam indeed No letter going to be late Nada the IRs says Ui took it try getting ahold of them w 44 million out of work Poor in San Diego

Msupchurch_82
Returning Member

I read the same thing. But, the thing is this that the article states, "under normal circumstances, "I feel that is the catch". Unfortunately, we are not living in normal circumstances at this moment. I myself have not received my federal income tax. I filed on February 4th. I was fortunate enough to get an agent on the phone yesterday 6/4/2020. I was given another 60 days turn around the date. The rep mentioned that if I do not receive my return or hear from them within 60 days of 6/4 then I should reach out again. All of this is bullishi+. 

Yes you do get interest. Last year I went through the same thing. Got caught in a review over my student loan interest . I got my refund on June 24th. And my processing started March 18, 2019. I got 

$67 bucks in interest . Then In January I received a form telling me to claim it on my next year taxes so I did. I am almost positive that this is what put mine into review this year 🤦‍♀️ 

Boa495

we filed on Feb 8 and it still says your taxes are being processed.this is nuts but they have to pay interest after 45 days but that don't help now

Yes Its say that they will pay interest, However it will not be effective until Official tax deadline which is July 15. Due to (C19 filing date). From my understanding what I read. If I'm inaccurate I apologize and stand corrected.

Chew88520

I filed in January and still have not got my Federal or my stimulus check bs 

@Chew88520 wrote:

I filed in January and still have not got my Federal or my stimulus check bs 

If you efiled, you should double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.

Occasionally someone will not go all the way to the final screen and actually submit the return.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to check the status of your Federal refund.    What do you find here?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

If the IRS tool says it is still being processed, here's how to reach the IRS, but it may not be easy.  Part of it is luck.  Due to the Coronavirus, some of the IRS call centers are closed, some are operating with reduced personnel, some are gradually opening back up.  Some users have reported this week that they have finally reached someone.   Here is the normal method to reach an IRS live agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.   They are still taking phone calls in most states.  They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.   If they can't/won't help you, ask them to transfer you to an IRS agent.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

debellojimmy728
Returning Member

Understood, thank you.

What’s the review process

Excuse me but did you e file or mail it? Cause i sent mine through mall also on April 3

ASkye77

I got the "extra identity theft" protection letter in the mail last year. It took from march to july to get my taxes. And now this year, I still don't have my taxes, even without that letter. I don't understand why some people get their taxes and stimulus checks right away, and others are getting screwed while waiting and waiting and waiting for both.

My refund has been in the status "being processed" since January 29 2020, no updates have been made. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies