turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filled my taxes on Feb 1 then beginning of march they audited me for child tax credit I turn in everything they asked for and here it is June where is my money I need it I have bills and kids to take care of 

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Yes, i feel your pain!  I filled Feb 1, and still do not have mine either.  When i called last week i was told that there was no one back yet to process refunds but they would be back SOON!  How soon?  It kind of makes the agents job not worth much.  Why are they there if they can't help or answer questions?  Confused!

You guys mentioned that you spoke to a live person. Can someone tell me how to get a live person with the IRS? I am only gotten my state income tax. I have not gotten my stimulus or federal.

@Ivan Da Great  wrote:

You guys mentioned that you spoke to a live person. Can someone tell me how to get a live person with the IRS? I am only gotten my state income tax. I have not gotten my stimulus or federal.

Does the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool, say your return is still being processed?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Here's how to reach the IRS, but it may not be easy.  Part of it is luck.  Due to the Coronavirus, some of the IRS call centers are closed, some are operating with reduced personnel, some are gradually opening back up.  Some users have reported this week that they have finally reached someone.   Here is the normal method to reach an IRS live agent when they are operating smoothly, and I'll also tell you how to reach the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.  They can sometimes transfer you to an IRS agent.

IRS:  800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then it will get "tired", and you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal".
  • Then in the next menu choose 4 for "all other inquiries", and it should transfer you to an agent but expect a long wait.
  • I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you continue to have no luck reaching the IRS, you can try contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service for your area.   They are still taking phone calls in most states.  They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.   If they can't help you, ask them to transfer you to an IRS agent.  I've seen that as a backdoor method for a couple of users.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Where is my tax refund?

Returning Member

Please call and get a second and third inquiry to your taxes.  An IRS agent told me that my taxes were gone.

I called back and another agent told me it's still there. I called tax advocate and they told me it's there too. Some agents don't Kno how to correctly use the system

I got my stimulus check but no federal income tax refund yet.

I e filed March 12, and it still says being processed.  I have gotten no letters from the IRS at all.  I just do not know what is going on.  

Without this being processed I can not get my economic stimulus check I so badly need ( We cashed out our 401K last year so that was way too much  This years amount needs to be there to get my money!).

How can I get help?

I don't have either of them

Right I have been using them for the last 5 years never had any problem and what did I pay all the extra for them nkt to be able to help.

Ok I too have same issue filed april 12ththru non-filers form, says "still processing" . No stimulus & "get payment "says "status unavailable"  I have called Irs 4 separate times. Stayed on hold  over hour 1st time just to get disconnected, 2nd time stayed on hold little over hour ( even tho wait time stayed 30-45 mins. Guy that answered tried to be a knowledgeable as I assume he could(newbie) told me that even though 21 days is estimated time that irs has 8weeks to process and that it's possible since I have moved & had my last name changed back to maiden name(divorce) since I filed last that could be whY it's taken so long. He stated as long as my last name is changed with social security administration everything should go thru fine. He did email pdf form 8822 which allows you to update address, name etc. He said" if by the exact 8weeks(buisness days);is up if still says processing & they still haven't sent stimulus to call back & at that time they can send referral to it's so they can look into what's going on. But gets even better🤣 Irs at that time have up to 30 days to take care of the matter. Yay... More wait time( hopefully not!); 8 weeks will be up Monday so fingers crossed I went ahead and filled out form and mailed it in just in case. Oh and the process left on here for getting thru to agent didn't work for me, I however figured out that if instead you follow all steps stated but when asking for social PUT IT IN after I did that it said "please wait" and I sat on hold for an hour of course but finally got some sort of answers😁🙏 Hope this helps someone wish me luck. Also I did some research and It's is now accepting fax for forms to help aid in processing faster returns my suggestion would be print copy of your return and fax that bad boy in again. Ill leave screenshots of info in another message. Good luck to all still waiting 😁👍

Me 2 in PISS off
Jettedog
Returning Member

I believe that if  it has been more than 45 days since you submitted your taxes and are still waiting for your refund, then they have to pay interest on it!!

You have to go on you tube and it will tell u the steps to talk to a live person

Mhinojosa64
Returning Member

I agree, I went through it all n either get error or not accept, change address, stimulus was sent to wrong address

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies