Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone else waiting longer than 21 days for their federal

I beg to differ.  Normal returns are processed within 14 business days.  Tax laws that have been changed or added have require 21 business days for tax returns to process.  The second round stimulus has nothing to do with 2020 as it was issued in 2021 therefore that will be added to 2021 tax return along with any other stimulus we receive in 2021.  This is a software issue caused by Turbo Tax.  That is a bogus statement from a Turbo Tax expert who has no real answers or updates for our related concerns.  People who actually PAID a tax prep to process their taxes have already received their taxes living the same 2020 life we all live because they PAID to have their software up to date for 2020 tax year! Spare me the BS and let me know when to expect my deposit that should have already been received!

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

@Justinaubin

The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 was signed into law on December 27, 2020.  The legislation includes $900 billion for various COVID-19 relief programs, government funding of $1.4 trillion and many, many tax provision changes.  The American Rescue Plan will be signed into law in a few days.  This legislation includes $1.9 billion for various COVID-19 relief programs and many more tax provision changes.

The IRS says that it will issue 9 out of 10 refunds to taxpayers in less than 21 days.  However, if: 

• You have e-filed your 2020 Federal tax return,
  • You are claiming a Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return, and
  • Your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.   

We suspect that the IRS will scrutinize stimulus payments that were issued against the tax returns that claim the Recovery Rebate Credit.  We do not know how much delay that the IRS will incur in such cases. 

Implementation of the American Rescue Plan will further strain the resources of the IRS.  IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.  For stimulus payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

Follow the TurboTax COVID Tax Center and the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center for further developments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree. People who filed after me, with kids and missing stimulus money, already received their refund. Therefore, claiming kids, eic, and being owed stimulus payments is nor indeed the only reason for waiting passed the 21 days. I claimed the same exact people as last year with the same income. Nothing new besides missing my stimulus and ive been waiting since valentine's day

Same, nothing has changed from tax year 2018, 2019 not even banking information.  Still waiting it’s been a month since accepted and 9 days late from deposit date. I don’t understand how stimulus information is available but not tax information. Something seems very dishonest about all this.  And I was charged by turbo tax last year for preparations this service is not free.  HELP!!

Jess0820
Returning Member

Well I can tell you that I pay for the extra services because I’d rather know that TT will cover me if anything ever happens... and I was accepted on 02/12 and I’m currently still processing with no answers. So people who paid for services through TT are not only being left in the dark about their refund, but they still have pay for the services that they won’t allow me to use anyways! 

Ok, 3rd stimulus scheduled for deposit 03/17 but still no taxes !!!!!!!!!! I’m getting irritated at this point 

I got my 3rd on fri. I've been waiting 4 weeks for federal 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies