Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else waiting longer than 21 days for their federal

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

Deposit expected 03/05/2021. Still no deposit today’s date 03/10/2021. Anyone else having this issue?

I'm waiting. How did you get a date?

Accessed TurboTax site by PC

How long since it was accepted by IRS?  Mine was accepted on 02/12/2021

Mines was also accepted on 12th . I got the 250 seconds after. I got my state accepted on 17th qnd recieved on the 26th

yes. I filed and my taxes were accepted on 2/14. turbo tax gave me an estimated date of 3/7. However, on the irs website my bar never moved off of accepted. Now there arent any bars at all. It just says its being processed. 24 days later. i did get a EIC so perhaps that is the reason but it never took this long before.

IRS accepted mine February 15th. 

Here we are 23 days later and haven't received a dime from .gov. 

I did receive my State refund however. 

Still waiting it’s now been 29 days since it’s been accepted and 6 days late from estimated deposit date.  I can’t get anyone on the phone at the IRS. TurboTax knows more than they’re telling us there is no way this is happening and no one has answers. I feel like TurboTax software has caused this and they’re not taking accountability that something is wrong. 

I can't get a hold of anyone. IRS site is no help. Turbo tax is playing dumb.  This is crazy. My federal was accepted on the 11th or 12th

It has been 4 1/2 weeks for me.

It appears anyone who has filed with TurboTax is experiencing delays.  People have filed with other tax companies after the date mine was accepted and have received their deposit already.  I'm convinced this is my last year using Turbo Tax.  I hope this post will help others needing answers.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

The IRS states that they issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days from the date the return was accepted by the IRS.  This is in a normal year and is a target only--not a guarantee.   The IRS has had extra work lately distributing the first and second stimulus checks in addition to processing returns. 

The IRS processes returns as they receive them, regardless of the software used to prepare the return.

If you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC), you can expect to get your refund by the first week of March if:

• You file your return online
  • You choose to get your refund by direct deposit
  • We found no issues with your return

Additionally, your financial institution may need time to accept your direct deposit or issue a debit card. Many institutions don’t process payments on weekends or holidays. So, if you file early, be aware of federal and local holidays that may affect how soon you get your refund.

You can check the status of your refund by going to the IRS Refunds  page. You can click on the Check My Refund Status link or download the IRS2Go app for your mobile device.

They had a year to prepare for this. Turbo tax should be putting up the money...then they can wait. 

Hi..I am waiting past 3 weeks as well.  I don't believe it is a TT issue.  I think, for many people, the issue lies with the IRS who is scrutinizing returns that claim the covid rebate credit.  Did the folks that you know who received the return claim the covid credit - 1040 line 30?  I typically do not get a return but did claim that credit for 2020 taxes. I typically plan my W4 so we neither owe or get a return each year. Why let the government hold on to our money for free?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies