Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ewillard34
Returning Member

Amended tax return 2018

I had to amend my 2018 tax return they received it from mailing return July 9,2019 it says takes 16 weeks,

my question does it really take the full 16 weeks or will I get it way before and who else would i beable to contack besides the IRS to find out were they are an about when should I receive return because the IRS just tells me we can look anything up since it has not been the full 16 weeks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Amended tax return 2018

The IRS is your only source of information about your amended return.  TurboTax does not get any information at all about a return that you amended.  It takes 3-4 months for the IRS to process an amended return.  If you are getting a refund, they mail you a check.  You just have to wait--and you will be waiting for awhile if you only mailed it in early July.

Wait about 3 weeks from mailing a 1040X  and you can check the status of your amended return:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Amended tax return 2018

i accidently claimed my 13 yr old son

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies