Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

teannaa
Returning Member

Amended return

My amendment return was completed on the 26th of july 2019 do anybody know how long Wil it take the IRS to mail me my check ???
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Amended return

Amended returns typically take about 4 months to process after you mail them.  If mailed at the end of July, you should probably receive it in November-December.

It is suggested that it be mailed certified with return receipt (or other tracking service) to verify that the IRS receives it -  you can check the status here  but allow 3 weeks after mailing.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
teannaa
Returning Member

Amended return

I already filed my amended return and irs got it , makes an adjustment in 07/05/2019 and they just completed it 07/26/2019 .. JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT DO THEY MAIL YOUR CHECK THE SAME DAY THEY COMPLETE IT OR HOW DOES IT NORMAL WORKS !

Amended return

Check the https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return  website.  

Only the IRS could tell you that, but allow 2-3 weeks before calling them.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
teannaa
Returning Member

Amended return

Okay i will be checking that website , do i look at ' where my refund" as well or just look at " where's my amended return " I'm just trying to see do both website update or just that one website
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies