turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cariebbb1
Returning Member

Amended return

I filed my taxes in January 2019 I got a tax advocate because I was not hearing anything from the IRS they told me to amend my return which shows on the site that they received it April 20th 2020 as of January 2020 I just found out they sent my amended return back to me I do not know why yet but if it is for a signature about how long should I wait to get my return back this time and since I have a tax advocate will I get it back quicker

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Amended return

Not necessarily. The IRS is so "backlogged" given the year that 2020 was due to Covid. A tax advocate will not be able to guarantee that you will get confirmation any quicker than if you do not use one. I know of people who amended theirs online last March 2020 and the IRS site is still listing the return as in "pending" status. 

Cariebbb1
Returning Member

Amended return

The IRS told me that u can only amend your taxes on paper....and today I spoke to the IRS and they told me that having a tax advocate is the best thing that they will help me quicker.....also the irs in the whole year never told me to amend my taxes I would still not know that it needed to be done if it wasn't for a tax advocate ..I had messed up my amended return so I was wondering what the next step will be

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Amended return

At this point you are waiting to see what the IRS says. You can also try contacting your tax advocate to see if they have any updates, You will get notification from the IRS if you need to do anything further.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies