Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended refund

We had to file an amendment to our 2020  taxes. I received a letter that we will be receiving the payment on 4/1/22. My question is, will it be a direct deposit or do they always send a check? I can't get through to anyone at the IRS and the bank acct we had in 2020 has been closed. Would they send it to the Credit Karma account we used for this years refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Amended refund

The IRS will send you your 2020 refund by the option you choose.  Since your bank account you entered in 2020 is closed, then the IRS will send you a check for your 2020 refund, once your bank bounces the direct deposit back to the IRS.  It can take a little while for the check to arrive.

View solution in original post

Amended refund

No, your 2020 return is processed separate from your 2021 return, so the IRS would send your 2020 refund to the bank account on your 2020 return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Amended refund

The IRS will send you your 2020 refund by the option you choose.  Since your bank account you entered in 2020 is closed, then the IRS will send you a check for your 2020 refund, once your bank bounces the direct deposit back to the IRS.  It can take a little while for the check to arrive.

Amended refund

we filed electronically so I wasn't sure if it would go the payment method we had on file for 2020 or it would go to this years? 

Amended refund

No, your 2020 return is processed separate from your 2021 return, so the IRS would send your 2020 refund to the bank account on your 2020 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies