Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I getting a Federal refund for my 2020 taxes due to the untaxable $10,200 unemployment bill that was signed? My return says $0 but I should be getting a return.

I also wasn't aware I had to sign my return and send it in. I sent my return in past the May 17th deadline. But I had filled back in February. My federal and state say ready to mail, and that im getting  $0 for a return, even though my certified return receipt says the irs recieved my signed return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Am I getting a Federal refund for my 2020 taxes due to the untaxable $10,200 unemployment bill that was signed? My return says $0 but I should be getting a return.

Yes Turbo Tax will always say Ready to Mail or Printed.  It doesn't know if or when you actually mailed the return.   So you did not have a refund or Tax Due on it?  What did you do back in Feb?  Did you try to efile it or did you mail it back then?

If you didn't print and mail it until after the unemployment was updated it might be right on your return.  Check and see if it's already there.  Your unemployment compensation will be on Schedule 1 line 7. The exclusion will be on Schedule 1 Line 8 as a negative number. The result flows to Form 1040 Line 8.

If not, the IRS will recalculate your return for you. 

Let see ... you first mailed in the return with a refund on it.  And you are waiting for the return to be processed and the refund issued. 

Then you opened the account recently by accidentally using the AMEND option which reset the Refund-O-Meter to zero.   Good news this will not change the return you already mailed in.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies