turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jeni587

After your identity is proven how long does it take to get federa refund

I verified on 2/14, then got a letter i was getting audited by mail on 3/25, then got another letter stating i am under review and they have until 5/18,  i have filed the same way for the past 8 years

@jeni587 They did That To Me Last Year as far as being Audited and I didn't see my return until the end of June I was very angry to say the least then this year it was the id Verification still not happy..And Whatever Documents they request get them as soon as you can otherwise they wont allow whatever deduction they are questioning and they wont advance your return until the date they give you for documents  Such a crappy long drawn out process Hope it works out for you
KD413

When you file doesn't matter. I waited until April 15 to file 2018 taxes. Just got the letter (June 22) to verify ID again after I've already been through this with 2017 taxes. Now they said at least another 9 weeks before I would see the refund. If not, then to call back to see if there was any other problems. SMH.

Yes I did. I verified March 8,2019 and didn't receive it until April 3, 2019. It was a lengthy process for sure. Sorry, I just saw your message!I hope by now you got your refund for 2018 and that 2019 goes better!

AT222

Hi everyone- My fiance filed his 2018 return through free H&R block website on 1/22/18. State return came mid March 2018 and Come 4/15 he called to inquire about fed taxes. He was informed he has to verify and that a letter was sent out. No letter was received here. Nor did h&r block inform him of this. He attempted 5 different times to verify over the phone from then to November 2019. He needed his prior year taxes which were filed through turbo tax free. I went on, go to pull them off the site and was then prompted to purchase just to get the prior year taxes. Nobody at irs would give him an appointment to verify in person. November 2019 he finally gets someone with a brain, who helps him and also helped get him an appt. He had his in person appt 11/29/19, told 6-9 weeks. He calls a couple weeks ago to irs on the 8th week and this lady first says I see you verified in office on 12/3 (the guy didn't put him in as verified till 5 days after he went in) it takes 9 weeks. Well, yesterday was 9 weeks and nothing. He called today to have TWO irs workers tell him they see he verified but nothing happened after that. The person then went into the system and fixed it and tells him an ADDITIONAL 6-9 weeks. So I wonder, is the irs going to pay interest from now till the refund comes for promising no more than 9 weeks while they did NOTHING to ensure this was released after my fiance verified he is real and filed? Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel. 2 years of this insanity. My landlord I don't think he even believes this! We are facing potential eviction over a return that would have helped us greatly. This is absolutely ridiculous.  

Sholo
Returning Member

I verified and it went from “still being processed “ to being processed how long did yours say this before you got your refund?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

"Being processed" means you are only that much closer to getting your refund. It means they must first process your return and then approve your refund. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. You can use the IRS Where's My Refund to keep track of your status https://www.irs.gov/refunds. The IRS updates the site daily in the overnight hours usually.  

Please see the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily so you don’t need to check more often.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I HAD TO VERIFY MY IDENTIFY AND THEY TOLD ME IT WILL TAKE 9 WEEKS IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I WOULD GET IT BEFORE THEN

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies