Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After e-file TT telling me to print and mail forms

I just got done e-filing my federal & state taxes (choosing the option for IRS/State to directly debit taxes due from my bank account.) However, after TurboTax was done transmitting the forms, it says:

"Even though you e-filed, you are still required to print and mail these forms.  Don't skip this important step. Your return isn't complete without it."

When I clicked the "Print Required Forms" button, it shows a post filing coupon for my state taxes. The coupon clearly says, "Mail and make check payable to" with the address of our state department of revenue underneath. 

I am confused why I need to mail a check for taxes due to my state separately when I have already taken the TurboTax option to e-file and debit taxes due from by bank account. Won't I end up paying my state taxes twice?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

After e-file TT telling me to print and mail forms

Just found a crucial thread that discusses this issue. TT search never yielded this thread, had to search on Bing to land this. People are stilling posting/updating this thread. It was very helpful for me.

Indiana tax payment 2020 (intuit.com)

From the thread:

"Here is the result of 2 conversations I had this morning:

1. Talked to TT directly and was informed that according to their internal documentation, Indiana does not allow direct debit, but they recommended I speak directly with Indiana DOR

2. Talked to Indiana DOR, who informed me that they do now accept direct debit and they have had several tax payers from TT make double payments this year because of the confusion."

Bottom line:

IN would not accept direct debit of taxes due up to tax year 2021. Starting the current tax year (2022) IN now ACCEPTS direct debit. TurboTax has apparently not yet totally incorporated this new reality. Although unlike before, their IN tax cover page does now say that the taxes due will be debited from the described bank account. Keeping fingers crossed the direct debit works out for us as people are now saying it should. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies