turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance approval timeframe

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for the Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you will be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

Please see the below FAQ for additional information on the Refund Advance Application process:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dakota91214
Returning Member

When I did my taxes and applied for the loan I was approved for $2000 and it said with in an hour of the IRS accepting my federal the money would be on my card!!! Well it is over an hour and no money and now they are saying that we miss understood with in 48 hours I didn't miss understand anything it said within 1 hour so where is the money???

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. The IRS usually begins processing and accepting e-filed returns in late January.

Did you receive it? I'm in the same situation 

We were approved for $2000. Received email from green dot with our card info but it says $0.00. It literally says it will be 1 hour. After acceptance and one your get the card you can “start spending”.....yea right! It’s been well over 24 hours. This is false advertisement. 

I applied for the advance also and haven't received a response yet...anyone received anything denial or approval

My advance came through about 15 hours after my return was accepted. I didn't receive an email or anything. Just the approval right before I filed. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account.

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance). Please check your junk/spam folder in your email. 

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

Jojoe0225

I got my account i ordered a new card taxes were accepted but i have not got an approval not a denial. Who can i talk to?

Jojoe0225

Not a word

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Help Article for information regarding Refund Advance. 

You will want to make sure the primary taxpayer's information on the return matches the information in the Credit Karma account. If it does, please contact Credit Karma on their Contact Us page.

@Jojoe0225

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies