Adding forgotten 8889 form

So, I plan on filing an amended tax return to account for the 8889 (HSA form).
I see now according to TurboTax Twitter the form won’t be available until February 22 through TurboTax software.

I plan on waiting to file it through TT so it can walk me through it. How does my state tax return fit into this? Does TT also help with that as well? Or what needs to be done there to account for the 8889 form?

I know states have their own amendment form (I live in OH btw), but is there any guidance on that front so I know what to fill out?

Adding forgotten 8889 form

Yes, once you start the amendment for federal, the software will ask if you need to amend the state too and will provide the appropriate forms. What you enter into the federal side, will transfer to state.  That said, make sure to actually go through the state section for amending in case it does affect your particular state. This link How to Amend will update when the forms become available in TurboTax to file amended federal and state tax return.

Also, amended returns must be printed and mailed and cannot be e-filed.

Adding forgotten 8889 form

@KarenL wrote:

I figured/hoped that was the case. Thanks for clarifying Karen!

Adding forgotten 8889 form

You're very welcome!