Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

einalem4321
Returning Member

Adding a 1099 B & 1099-DIV for 2019. But software keeps going to State Tax part for me to Amend. Do I need to do amend State too?

I am trying to amend our 2019 Tax Return. I only need to add 1099 B and 1099-Div.  I have updated the Federal State Return but the TurboTax system goes straight to the State Return which wants me to amend and keeps asking a Schedule X and want me to pick a reason to amend.  Do I need to change anything in my State Return?

Please help! Im on my wits end.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Adding a 1099 B & 1099-DIV for 2019. But software keeps going to State Tax part for me to Amend. Do I need to do amend State too?

The changes to the federal return should automatically flow to the state amended return, but you will need to add a reason for the amendment in the State return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
einalem4321
Returning Member

Hello. I have reached to the Smart Check part and It did asked the "reason for amendment". I stopped working on amending the returns because I dont know the "best reason" to pick when adding 1099B and 1099-DIv for a 2019 Tax return. 

I appreciate any response. Been searching in the net but could not find the exact answer. Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies