Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 Tax Topic 151/ Letter Sent

Starting this form for all those who updated to review or you had this in past. Filed 1/22, Accepted 1/28, Path Message, Being Reviewed, Now Topic 151 wait for letter. I have no offset, claimed nephew like last two years, no college, or child support. So Irritated

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

45 Replies

Same thing happened to me this morning, same topic 151, to wait for letter, wonder how long this is going to take, 

Exactly, Blows big time.

Flaco1 when did you file

I guess to put a Positive spin on it, when others broke, we'll just be getting ours. Praying for sooner than later though. 

I got the same thing on Saturday.

I got the same thing on Saturday. Some say offset others say standard review. According to records I have no offsets. And honestly audit defense is a scam and a joke. I ended up calling the Irs as I got their letter today to confirm with them what the letter said. The lady said due to new coding of sorts it was something that happened automatically because it hadn’t been fully processed but that I did have an approval and will receive it the 26th or 27th

I spoke with IRS agent this morning who first said that we were under an exam then said I was under a review. then she stated that a letter was mailed out on the 17th of this month and which I never received because homeless living in a hotel and they said they accidentally sent a stack of mail back from a training person. IRS lady says that she can't see what's on the letter resend the letter nothing so I have to wait 30 days. then she says it's under a 30-day review so I might not have to do anything or the letter might tell me to do something which makes no sense at all because why send a letter if you don't have to do nothing. because of being homeless she referred me to the tax advocate agency to see if they could expedite my return and which they were ten times worse the first guy that we got connected me back to the IRS then had a recall and then they were saying that they can't do nothing unless you wait for 5 days. Today I received part of the refund which was $34 out of 7685 like seriously. 

SAme here. They released small withholding . But said I was in exams and wait for a letter..nrver said anything about a system error. 

Well, I called irs yesterday, it turns out I owe the state of New Mexico 325 dlls, they are going to take them and release my funds , the question is when, nobody at irs knows:(

I have not received a notice from IRS, but turbo tax gave me this# [phone number removed] and they were able to give me information on my refund, I guess I jumped the gun and told me what the delay was!

@Flaco1 How can TurboTax see

how did you speak with someone at turbotax?? i cant find out how anywhere

Open your turbo account and at the bottom it says contact us, it will give you a number

thanks

@Flaco1 Hello thanks that gives me a little hope because I know I owe the state of ga 458 and I got the same tax topic 151. Thanks again I can sleep a little bit bette

Tkitty1057
Returning Member

Rhe 26th or 27th of March?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies