Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

2020 Tax Topic 151/ Letter Sent

@Tkitty1057 Can you please clarify your question?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tkitty1057
Returning Member

I haven't recieved any letters...just wondering if taxes are taking so long because of the claim against turbo tax?

@Flaco1 @Hello, is that all they was holding your taxes for a debt you owed NM? And you had received the tax topic 151 take action?

Tkitty1057
Returning Member

No just wondering why its taking so long for the taxes to get processed...I've never waited this long for my return. And whatbis NM?

@Tkitty1057 Hi was ask Flaco1 a question NM is New Mexico where they said they had to pay owe state taxes too. 

@Tkitty1057 What is The mean

Rhe

Kinda same situation. All mine is same as yours and havent received letter so i called. First thing that stopped return was IRS fault. Receive my w2 at the time of my filing. Accepted Feb3, IRS received last two w2s feb 4, scanned in as 1 w2 so return is stopped processing until they receive all w2s. No more filing with last paycheck of year. So when i called and talked to IRS employee, best one ever,he spent 30min with me reviewing my return because the 30 day review letter was vague. I answered a couple questions and he said no reason why I am being reviewed or audited. Perfect tax return and perfect tax history. IRS is making me prove my 2 sons are mine and that im hoh. Mind you that I've claimed my son's the last 12 and 14 years as head of household as they are 12 and 14. It just seems like a total crock to mess with a small-time taxpayer like me with a perfect return. 

No i have not received any letter yet, but I called irs last week, spoke to someone and I was told I had a debt with state of NM, I called the state and I was told that they will be receiving their money soon

Yes I owe money to state of New Mexico that’s why my refund is on hold

@Mjg207426  Hello, what did u have to confirm? I guess my question is one everybody wondering do we need to get information together to prove hoh and child credit? 

@Guido Hello, so their going to release your refund until you send documents? Besides birth certificate what other of documents do they accept?

@Holdingfaith Yes

I faxed over my debit card statement, hotel receipt for your, school release letter on nephews with same address as hotel. One nephew's went to dentist Last year so that paperwork. W2 print out because has hotel address on it.

We shall see what they say. Praying it's enough.

Well everything changed here, I spoke to a male at the irs last Monday, was told that my hold up was 329 dlls that I owed to the state of New Mexico, I received a notice today and what they are asking is proof of earned income, American opportunity credit form it doesn’t say a word pertaining the offset, are they all in the same page, what is going on!😡

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Flaco1 Please see the information on the Tax Topic 151;

Tax Topic 151 is the code referring to your right to appeal in this situation.  Read more here:Topic No. 151 Your Appeal Rights

What is a refund offset?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies