Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Refund - Unable to talk to a live agent - Need help

Can / Shall I claim it on my 2021 Taxes? Or do not do anything.

Thanks

@tom-sanjose I suspect it will flush out prior to April 15

one other question

if line 32 was $4259 and line 26 was zero, where else was the $4259 posted??? lines 27-31 sum to line 32, so something doesn't make sense.

27 to 30 has zeros
31 has 4259
32 has 4259

Just to clear up the kind of payment.  In a prior post you said " I pre-paid extra estimated ($4,259) taxes when I filed my extension".   It wasn't an estimated payment, it was an extension payment.  People are getting confused with an Estimated payment (line 26)  and an extension payment on line 31 (from schedule 3 line 9).   If you made an extension payment then line 31 is right.  

Oh, and what is on line 34 and 35a?  Why are you expecting the 4259 back as a refund?  It goes against the tax on line 24.  So if that was a payment for your tax then on your actual tax return you should have a zero refund or tax due.    Why did you make that extension payment?  

at that time…. when I prepared the draft at extension…. I would have ended up potential tax due of $4259 and filed extension with it.
Line 33 (including $4259) goes against tax line 24. Balance on line 34 and 35a is $34,464 and I got only $30K so far.

there is nothing Turbotax can do to help you with the difference. Turbotax is only informed about whether an e-filed return is accepted or rejected. it gets no info on a mailed return. did you check to see that the $4200 payment has cleared your bank? the IRS should send an explanation of any changes but that will be weeks after the refund was received. you can also check the transcript of your return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

I understand it is not TurboxTax problem. Any ideas how to address this issue?

$4259 was cleared in May 2021 when I filed extension. Actual taxes were filed in Oct 2021. Partial refund was issued in Oct 2021. I haven't received any explanation. I have checked the transcript. It shows a negative balance (-$4259).

Thanks,

@tom-sanjose again, the IRS should flush it out in a few months; if it doesn't by November, I'd call the IRS, but trust that the IRS will clear it out and send you the refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies