turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

@Shottamike23  DONT YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW!!!! Do I need to copy/paste IRS’ words? Lol

@233Hooks  deposit should be next week some with our same cycle are saying their dd is showing 2/20 so deff one day next week

@Shottamike23  I dont even care if wmr dont update just run me my money next week

@erikanmares  

Here  you go. Be sure to come back tomorrow for your I told you so burger with extra hahaha on the side

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so you don’t need to check the status more often.

Why is my refund being held?

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Why does it take so long for the funds to show up in my account?

It takes additional time for refunds to be processed after leaving the IRS, and for financial institutions to accept and deposit them to bank accounts and products like debit cards. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers. For EITC and ACTC filers, the three-day holiday weekend involving President’s Day affects their refund timing.

How do I check the status of my refund?

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these filers should not contact or call about refunds before the end of February.

I believe transcripts update all day. Anyone know? I would keep checking for 846 code throughout the day for those of you that can see your trans. I unfortunately cannot..keep us posted please. 

@BellaNJakesMom 

I cant see mine either. However I read somewhere that you can call and get the automated system to read your transcripts to you line for line codes and cycle date as well. 

Not sure how but was gonna try later. I'll let you know.

@caron1981  when you find out please let me know

@Kesi12  I’m right there with you! Deposit my money! Lol!

I know thats right we want our money LOL

@caron1981 @You ready today huh lol. I still could care less if it changes on Saturday or not it’s just interesting to me how passionate you are about the matter. And how upset you been getting. Anyways sending you a happy tax season as well and I hope you get an update on Saturday too😉

Cycle 0605

PROCESSING DATE Feb. 24, 2020

Filed 1/28

Accepted 1/29

@BellaNJakesMom  I wonder do they update at a certain time like Wmr or if they update anytime throughout the day. I check all day and nothing different. The anticipation is killing me cause I’m ready for tax season 2020 to be over 

Codes are usually one the Account Transcript.

@ericka9491  I believe the transcripts update today until 4pm. Right now the only people that have updated are those NOT claiming credits, seen posted on FB. If you can see your transcripts, keep checking today. Without the 846 code, WMR will not update tomorrow with a DDD. Most likely WMR will update back to 1 bar. Let's pray transcripts start updating today with 846. I cannot see my transcripts so I can only check FB for updates from other. 

Anyone file around Feb 3rd and have their transcripts? Just wondering if we have to wait longer since others filed before us?. Or if you have one of those codes that give a dd. I really want to do something nice for the kids. Yes, I know that it takes 21 days. Just curious. Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies