turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Pathers EITC/ACTC Update here

@erikanmares 🤣🤣🤣 you know it. 

How do you access your transcripts i have never done that. 

@amykitts4 

Irs.gov/gettranscripts 

You can either set up an account or have them mailed to you. Just follow their promps and you'll get them. If you cant set up an online account you can have them mailed. 

The only one who needs to chill is you.  They are only saying what they saw it is common sense you don't have to believe it if you don't want. The whole point of a forum is to discuss topics and they are doing such.

Ok PATH folks ... the EIC and ACTC  was never your money to start with ( you did not work for it)  and it is not yours until you receive the check from the IRS  ... it is really a type of government "welfare" payments that have  gone wild.  The only part of the refund that is really yours  is what you voluntarily had withheld from your paychecks and you have the ability to stop that from happening if you choose to. 

In the beginning the CTC was only $300-$500  and you only got it the year the child was born ... we joked about it being the "diaper" credit.

And the EIC was originally meant to help the working poor to cover all their taxes and was limited to the total of the SS & Medicare taxes one had withheld from their paychecks...it was meant to "make you whole" ...  it was never meant to be a supplemental income source that people count on to make ends meet.  As a tax preparer these last 27 years I am always amazed when a person with  2 children who earns $20K for the year can get a refund of $9K+  due to these refundable credits  and they  have the nerve to say "is that all ???"  

As a single person without children I resent your complaining that you have to wait for the credit money  that actually comes from the tax money I and other taxpayers  pay in ... and you are welcome.  A couple of years ago the PATH act was put in place so those refunds were delayed from mid January to late February/early March to combat fraud in this area. The amount of money that can be refunded  sparked an avalanche of fraudulent returns (another reason those credits need to go away) and if the price of stopping or slowing down the billions of fraudulent claims inconveniences the folks getting the government handouts then that is the price that needs to be paid. Many of us believe that the IRS needs to be taken out of the welfare administration arena ... if the working poor need help then let the government set up a better welfare system to dole out practical assistance. 

FYI ... this system will not be going away anytime soon so those that depend on this money  must plan your finances better and not expect it at all or at least not until March ... then if it comes in earlier it is a bonus and not a tragedy when it comes in late....   or  at least  stop complaining about how long the process takes. Before computers, we mailed in the return and waited for the check to show up in the mailbox ... you had no way to check on the progress minute by minute and we all survived.  The IRS has a way to check on the progress so make use of it once a day... the same way we used to check the mailbox once a day.  Worrying and fretting and wanting to know what is happening to everyone else  is futile and will only get you upset needlessly.  

Now I am not against people posting when the refunds start being released ... sharing that is fine but sharing all the intimate details of when you filed, when you were accepted, what your useless codes are on the transcript is ridiculous and confusing to many and may not mean anything in the long run. I have seen it happen  and heard of other  folks who have a DD date and they can see it in their bank account as a pending deposit just to see it pulled back by the IRS ... so never spend the money until it is a done deal at your bank or you have a check in hand. 

At the IRS forums the speakers mentioned that what happens to one person with the exact same info as another person may not be the same.  The new efile system can filter for different things on different days so you really never know what to expect on any certain day.  They did stress that the IRS is short of personnel due to budget cuts and hiring freezes so anything requiring human interaction will take more time ... and the phone support is hurting badly ... you may not get the correct answer even if you can get to someone.  So don't bother them with phone calls, the IRS will mail you a notification to respond to if needed and watch the IRS web site for the latest info on your return and refund. 

@Critter can you like go to bed? Take a nap? Something? If you resent people who have kids and work so much for getting these credits why are you even here? Are you bored? Do you not have anything better to do? Guess not huh. 

@Critter 

Apparently here in this chat group logic and rational thinking is elusive and well just not there. Watch out they may attack your for posting something so logical and true about the irs. 

As for the "welfare" money as a single parent well not to bash on you, trust me I'm not but if you had two kids, in college ( my last semester) while working full time you wouldn't think of that as welfare money. Last year alone I spent 12k for daycare it's insane and welfare or not I'm very thankful for that return. Anywho, I can wait I dont care it is what it is...others seem not to want to wait for their welfare 

I really don’t understand how a thread for all of us to keep each other updated turned into people coming on here and blatantly bashing people. Or passive aggressively coming on here with their BS? If you don’t like or resent people who get these credits? Why ARE YOU HERE? 1. And 2, everyone know the irs does shxt on their own time, just because they did something for one person one year or every year and they come on here and express it doesn’t mean you have to post an article retaliating against it? Or call them a liar when they have had a different experience than you did. I’ve had good and bad experiences with the irs, it’s literally different for me every year LET PEOPLE JUST ASK THEIR QUESTIONS, post heir updates, and keep it moving. 

didn’t y’alls mommas ever teach you if you can’t say anything nice dont say something at all? Guess not .

Just giving a history lesson and also saying my piece (which all of you are also doing) so you can stop reading my posts if you choose.  All I am just saying is that  all the refundable credits were instituted by congress to offset and appease  the other tax law changes for the rich ... they were never part of the original tax system to collect income taxes from all taxpayers who made more than the exemption amounts set for the year ( back in 1913 you only paid taxes if you earned more than $600 LOL ) but  the entire system is so convoluted now it may never be righted.  All refundable credits are a bonus to those who receive them NOT a right to be complained about.  Just saying ... patience is a virtue ... none of my clients have an issue waiting ... I tell them what to expect and they understand the system has to work as designed.   

@Critter BUT NO ONE ASKED For Your WORDS OF WISDOM?! I just looked at your profile? Do you work for turbo tax?! Because you just be on here arguing with people for fun. Posting articles. Commenting on over 1000 posts?!?! Because youre bored? I’m not one for confrontation or to be rude. But dude, any comment you’ve posted on here has 9x out of 20 been passive aggressive and RUDE ASF. Your comment that it’s “welfare” floors me. You single with no kids? You GET NO SAY. So unless turbo tax is PERSONALLY paying you to comment on these posts GET A LIFE MY DEAR. 

Alright alright. Let's all calm down a smidge (including yours truly) take a deep breath and hope for the best. 

We're all at the mercy of the irs. Let's not start an intuit civicl war. I'm hoping for an update soon as possible just like the rest. 

Let's all meet back in the 15th

So I can say i told you so hahahahahaha.

@caron1981 factttttssssss see y’all Saturday. 😂😂😂😂

This thread is a mess. I must say though IRS must've accidentally gave me my deposit Wednesday. Oh and I have eic... So we really can't depend on what we read on site. Ijs

But they did. I got mine on Wednesday and I still have no bars or updates. So idk how accurate the site is if I have mine and waiting on spouse. Oh and we don't have state taxes it's federal 

😂😂😂 Y’all are hilarious!!!! 😂😂😂 OMG all

of y’all are trippin but I’m here for it!! Feel like I need to sip some wine reading through this thread

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies