Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 Amendment Questions

I filed January 2021.  The ARA passed on 3/11/2021.  

I had to amend for 2 reasons the software changed my filing status to "OTHER" which made me a single filer and really, I am HOH.  2nd.  The forms were out of date due to the 2021 Law that was passed on 3/11/21.  8962/1095A and Recovery Rebate changes.

I filed my 2020 Amended return via US Mail because adjusting filing status could not submit online. :(

Question - My true filing status is "HOH" with 1 qualifying dependent.  My wages qualify for the 3rd Stimulus once my return is corrected by IRS. Will my dependent and I get the 3rd stimulus? Our tax account still has not been corrected it has been 3 months. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

2020 Amendment Questions

The normal processing time for an amended return is about 4 months, but this year is not normal. The IRS is severely backlogged. You should expect it to take 6 months or more for your amended return to be processed. From your other posts it sounds like you filed the amended return before your original return was processed. That might cause further delays, regardless of the reason that your original return has not been processed.

If you do not get the third stimulus payment during the year, you will be able to claim it as a Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2021 tax return.

2020 Amendment Questions

My efile return with TT took forever because the forms were not up-to-date due to the Recovery Act that went into effect 3/11.  Hence my return took almost 5 months to complete and it was e-filed.

I sent the amendment 4/5 believing my return would have been processed. It was not. Also, the TT forms when I sent my amendment were out of date since the software did not update the forms until beginning of May.

Both times I was messed up due to outdated forms. So, my amended return received by the IRS in April has not even been updated nor on WMAR and it has been 3 months.

Issues related to outdated forms with TT caused delays to my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies