turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Prior to filing, Stash said I don't have tax docs for 2018.They just sent me a 1099. How do I update my taxes for 2018 so it doesn't appear that I've committed tax fraud?

The website shows me how to update 2017 and back but not how to update my just filed taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Prior to filing, Stash said I don't have tax docs for 2018.They just sent me a 1099. How do I update my taxes for 2018 so it doesn't appear that I've committed tax fraud?

If you have just filed the 2018 taxes and now have a 1099, the return will need to be Amended and the 1099 added.

Once the return has been filed it cannot be stopped (unless you get extremely lucky and IRS would reject it for some reason).

So you have to wait for the return to be processed and you get your refund.

Then approx February 22nd you can sign back into TurboTax and do the Amended return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you have just filed the 2018 taxes and now have a 1099, the return will need to be Amended and the 1099 added.

Once the return has been filed it cannot be stopped (unless you get extremely lucky and IRS would reject it for some reason).

So you have to wait for the return to be processed and you get your refund.

Then approx February 22nd you can sign back into TurboTax and do the Amended return.

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies