Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

printing 2022 amended return for CA includes form 8453-OL

Hi,

As I understand it, I can no longer e-file my 2022 amended return to the Federal government or the state. I missed that window, so I am printing and mailing the return. 

I originally e-filed both returns. I'm guessing it's fine to print and mail the amended returns. 

I have two questions:

1. I'm assuming that I should not send 8453-OL to CA tax authority: It says not to do so on the top of the form. Is that correct? 

2.  With that form out of the way, I should print out the amended CA Form 540, and sign that form. I just want to make sure I'm signing in the right place. Sound good? 

Thank you, 

Kevin Susco

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Having looked more closely, I'm 99% sure that the amended CA Form 540 is where I sign. It's the logical choice, and is the first form past the 8453-OL form. 

My supposition is that the 8453-OL appears because I originally efiled, and if it says not to send it to the FTB, then I should just do as the form says, don't send it. 

Thanks,

Kevin

@tagteam @Critter-3 

I found this message from 2019 that indicates, as the form states, that it shouldn't be mailed. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/yes-you-should-not-mail-form-8453-ol-wit...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies