Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CG03
Level 1

Printing 2022 1040 and State Forms ProducesStreaks Across Forms

I have a "Twilight Zone" issue printing my 2022 income taxes from TurboTax. The federal forms print with horizontal streaks ranging from 2 to 7 millimeters high, and about 85% of the page width with a taper toward the left edge. The state forms have streaks on a few pages, but not as many. However, for the federal pages that are included as part of the state forms, the streaks appear in the exact same configuration as for the federal printout. On screen, the forms look perfect. So here's what's bizarre: the streaks are repeatable and look exactly the same when a given page is printed. I tried it more than 4 times, including after cleaning print heads (which I cleaned prior to printing taxes in the first place) and setting to "fit to page" or "actual size." It doesn't matter if I print from within TurboTax, or directly from the Acrobat Reader. Furthermore, no other documents I print exhibit this - direct from the internet browser, pdf of prior year taxes, from spreadsheet or word processor, any pdf at all prints correctly. But not 2022 tax forms. I have cycled the printer on/off, made sure I have the latest TurboTax updates, etc. Any ideas? (FYI, running Windows 11.)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article to assist with troubleshooting your printing issues. 

Troubleshoot printing issues

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CG03
Level 1

The article does not address my specific issue.  I have updated drivers, Acrobat, Windows 11 is up to date.  I have tried changing to printer fonts, adjusting from vector character generation ro raster... NOTHING makes a difference.

To troubleshoot further, I printed to a PDF from the original TurboTax PDF files.  When I do that, the "printed" PDF shows the streaks onscreen!

CG03
Level 1

Also, when I search for this topic even when I am not logged in, it shows my user ID for login, not my TurboTax Community user ID! Once I open the actual post, it shows the correct Community user ID.  Why?!  This needs to be corrected immediately, but I can't find how to do that.

Not that this Blank-Form fix will fix it...but it just "might" do so

1)  try toggling the Gray-scale setting...to be different from where it is set now

or

2) the Print as Image setting.

Described in some of the pictures in the following post/link.

(But only print one page after changing the setting...to avoid wasting paper)

Completed return is printing blank forms but can see data on print preview screen.Have most recent a...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
CG03
Level 1

Thanks... 😊  Printing as Image did the trick though quality is slightly reduced.  Just before I saw your response, my spouse also found the same work-around in the following TurboTax Community Post:

My return prints with black streaks across the pages no matter which printer I use. How can I get it... 

Guess I didn't try enough search iterations before...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies