Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please tell us why the refund monitor feature was removed by default!

This was one of the best features of Turbotax.  I have been using it for years and likewise am very disappointed that the feature was removed.   Perhaps everyone should start looking at the new IRS Direct File software if this is not remediated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

What feature was removed?  The Refund monitor at the top?  It's still there but some people have had trouble getting it to show.

Found this answer from last year.....
Is there a > symbol at the top left where the refund monitor should be? If so, click that > symbol and the refund monitor should then appear.

Do you have "RaceMode" at the top where the refund monitor should be? Click the toggle next to RaceMode, or click Review on the right, to get rid of RaceMode and see the refund monitor.

Or Look just above the green progress line and see Explain my taxes > . Click the arrow after the word taxes to see your refund/balance due amount.

I find that meter annoying.   It changes every time I add more income and I don't enjoy seeing it go down.  People think they are getting a big return and then are upset when they finish their taxes and that number is much lower than when they started.

The missing "refund monitor" in some versions is a known issue that has been reported.   If clicking "Review" does not make it appear for you, sorry..   We hope they solve the problem soon.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies