turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

uk2az

How do I get a copy of the Florida state return for printing, you recommend that I need to mail a copy but I did not receive a copy for mailing? There was no opportunity to get it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

How do I get a copy of the Florida state return for printing, you recommend that I need to mail a copy but I did not receive a copy for mailing? There was no opportunity to get it

Please note that you will not need to file in FL unless you have business or rental tangible personal property. (If reporting tangible personal property, you would complete Form DR-405 and submit it by mail to your local property appraiser by April 1.)

Florida does not have a state individual income tax related to wages so you do not need to file an income tax return with the state.

So, if you do not have a business or rental real estate with assets in Florida, you do not need to prepare or file the Florida return in TurboTax.

If you can, go back into TurboTax, under the state taxes tab and delete Florida from your list of state returns. If not just don't file the FL state tax return.

Please note that you will not have a delete option until you actually start working on the state. Select that you want to start the state return under the state taxes tab. The system will start calculating. Then go back into the state tab at the top of the screen and you should now get a choice for that state to either continue or delete. You won't be charged for just starting the state return. You are only charged when you are getting ready to file.

For more information about this tangible personal property return, please refer to the following link:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/tpp/

If you purchase an FL state income tax return in error, you will need to contact customer support to request a refund.

To contact customer support if you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
  • Post it to our community of experts; or
  • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

Please note that you will not need to file in FL unless you have business or rental tangible personal property. (If reporting tangible personal property, you would complete Form DR-405 and submit it by mail to your local property appraiser by April 1.)

Florida does not have a state individual income tax related to wages so you do not need to file an income tax return with the state.

So, if you do not have a business or rental real estate with assets in Florida, you do not need to prepare or file the Florida return in TurboTax.

If you can, go back into TurboTax, under the state taxes tab and delete Florida from your list of state returns. If not just don't file the FL state tax return.

Please note that you will not have a delete option until you actually start working on the state. Select that you want to start the state return under the state taxes tab. The system will start calculating. Then go back into the state tab at the top of the screen and you should now get a choice for that state to either continue or delete. You won't be charged for just starting the state return. You are only charged when you are getting ready to file.

For more information about this tangible personal property return, please refer to the following link:

http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/property/tpp/

If you purchase an FL state income tax return in error, you will need to contact customer support to request a refund.

To contact customer support if you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
  • Post it to our community of experts; or
  • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies