Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got an email stating my return was sent/deposited but I never received my TurboTax prepaid card yet. If it's on the card can someone steal it? When will I get it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I got an email stating my return was sent/deposited but I never received my TurboTax prepaid card yet. If it's on the card can someone steal it? When will I get it?

• Please check the status of your refund here:
  • https://www.irs.gov/refunds
  • If it has been more than 10 days since you have registered for the card, and you haven't received a personalized card, they ask that you report it on the Card Not Received page. You'll need to log in/create a login to access it. You can also contact customer care at (888) 285-4169 if you have any questions. They do ask for certain account information for verification so be prepared to answer questions when you call. 
  • Also check Turbo Tax to make sure the refund is going to the Turbo Card:
  • To view your information, follow these steps…

• Sign into your account, click take me to my return
    • Click the File heading
    • Follow the prompts for Step 1. When you get to Step 2, this is where the bank account information will be. Follow the prompts to view/edit your bank account information.  

If the IRS is unable to deposit your refund into your account, they will mail you a refund check. If the info you entered is someone else's account, don't worry – some banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. The best way for you to track your federal refund is to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.

I tried to call the Turbo Tax debit card customer service and they were WAY less than helpful.  I need some help!! I have received my refund advance loan, I can see the balance of it in the app.  But I never received my card.  I have emailed, chatted and spoken to three representatives at the debit card customer service to try and resolve this issue.  Finally after speaking to a “supervisor” they agreed to send me an expedited card.  Very reluctantly they also got approval to waive the $15 for expediting the card (gee thanks).  I have still yet to receive a card.  Meanwhile, I have this loan money in limbo, inaccessible to me and they say there are no other options for me except to wait on the card.  I have another Turbo Tax debit card from filing my taxes last year that I am currently using.  I asked to transfer the money to that card so I could use it.  No they say.  It’s the “system” that won’t allow it.  
I never received an answer to my email question.  The representative I chatted with could not understand what my issue was (suffice it to say that English is not her first language).  I never received a call back from a supervisor.  And  I was disconnected three times after waiting an insane amount of time to speak with someone.  So now me and my family will have to go without the necessities we need, i.e. groceries and gas until the replacement card arrives, of which I was told today that the card wasn’t expedited.  I am beyond frustrated. Oh, and since this is a Turbo Tax product, one would think they would certainly be able to help me in some way, right?  WRONG.  They are separate entities and there’s nothing they can do.  OMG!!  I will NEVER use Turbo Tax to file my taxes again.  I have used them multiple times in the past without issue.  It baffles me to know that I matter that little to them.  I will make sure to tell everyone I know what has happened to me and to use another company to help them file their taxes.  
I will be reporting them to the BBB immediately.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies