Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I print my tax return all it prints are boxes instead of the letters and numbers that should be printed. How do I correct this?

If I save my return as a PDF is also just shows boxes and not the numbers and letters.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

When I print my tax return all it prints are boxes instead of the letters and numbers that should be printed. How do I correct this?

Do you have Adobe Acrobat installed?
morris64

If you use a MAC go to Finder, select applications, select font book, then PDF, then scan down to "courier "- if there is a little triangle at the courier font (says something like there are multiple versions of the font), click on it to fix the font problem.  Fingers crossed that fixes it.  Fixed mine - same problem.  I owe this solution to some else and now can't find that response again.  Thanks to whoever that was!

jtempas

OUTSTANDING!   I've had this problem intermittently for a year, I think.   Your find saved me tearing my hair out.   Before, I would have to go to different computers to get stuff printed.   Specifically thanks for being generous enough to post the solution.

Thank you so much! I never would have figured that one out without your help.
raindog10

Can't thank you enough.  Wasted 45 sheets of paper, but now it's working.  Glad you took the time to share your solution, morris64!

Perfect answer! Thank you.

Thank you! Fixed it.
ambarrcs

thanks so much! it worked for me too 🙂

omg - i thought it was some stupid security thing in the file (which made no sense).... apple has really gone to [edited] since steve died.... oh, and fixing courier it DIDN'T fix my problem - i looked again and several fonts were also screwed up - after resolving ALL messed up fonts, quitting everything and reopening, THEN it finally printed numbers - still keeping the baseball bat close by
tlcs

Selecting Courier did not fix my problem either. What do you mean by "fixing all the fonts"? I agree this is so frustrating. Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies