Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone claiming EITC or ACTC received their federal refund yet?

I filed my returns in January with one dependent . My aunt filed after me this month in February . She has 2 kids (Eic) and shehas already gotten her taxes this morning . How does that work ?
arowand83

I think we have to factor in the gov shutdown along with the President's Day holiday. I don't think we can really panic until after the 27th based on the IRS website.  I'm counting on that money too but I'm withholding my hysteria until after next week lol.  

I totally understand the changes and delays this year but just find it a bit ridiculous and unfair that there are some who did file after myself along with others on this thread with EIC and ACTC they got their refunds already. A few I know personally did.  I just would like to know a date, then I could just call if I didn't recieve it by then. At this point if I filed via snail mail I'd probably have my refund already.
ljyw04

It has nothing to do with when you filed..the irs receives returns allday everyday and when they are accepted they go into an ALPHABETICAL pipeline...the pipeline is also sorted by state...so if ur last name is a Z and u are in a state thats looked at last, then it can b longer than someone who has a last name starting with an A and are in a state bf you. So someone filing last week could jump in the pipeline in front of someone who filed in January. It sucks but thats just the way the computer system sorts it...Crazy thing is your return could be minutes from being reviewed and the pipeline fill hundreds of more people in front of you and push you a couple hours/days back...hope everyone understands now...I worked for irs for 15 years in refund issue dept and thats how it was explained to me.

Ok

Thanks. Explains a lot.

I don’t think we all have a problem with waiting . The problem is 1. Lack of information to our taxes specifically if your reviewing them don’t just say processing give a little more detail ( ex processing for up to two weeks) 2. TT gives one date for DD while irs site either says nothing , processing, reviewed or whatever ( very misleading ) 3. TT has a blue bar that has moved to the end ( what does that mean ) I assume time to get my money , but nope not there yet . We all are fed up with the wait game it’s after feb. 15 either tell us something or give us our money plain and simple . If it’s delay because of government issues say that when I put my info in don’t just say processing.... 4. I don’t feel that when April 15 comes an for those who owe that will like us to say things like ( thinking to pay , will pay when I can , was going to pay but another bill jumped ahead ) they garnish our wages , they have caused me personally to get bill fees for late payment since I don’t have the money thinking imma get it feb 18 or the 22 nd and nothing . Many problems this year and it’s happening unapologetically. Very unacceptable .

Sorry y’all for the rant , but I get they have a job and it’s been difficult. Just think they could have made it so easy on them selves and they wouldn’t be overwhelmed with calls if they would provide more info on their site , especially since they instruct people to go there .
vmeridth

People sure know how to type but not read..  The website clearly states that “MOST” “EARLY” filers with eitc/actc statuses would be updated FEBRUARY 23rd and no change in status would show until then. (Most, not all)
That’s tomorrow. They’ve been quite clear on dates and protocol also explaining Presidents’ Day would affect timing as well for these specific filers. You just have to READ. wow what a concept
krwbesjr

I got accepted 1/23 & no ddd on WMR. I called today told ddd 2/27 & WMR would update 2/23

@jessicadarringto, i totally undertand where you're coming from, we ALL are ready to receive our refunds if not we wouldnt be here on the site trying to find info about it. Try not to worry, i had a chance to speak with the irs and was informed most people that claimed eic and actc would see updates this weekend with a deposit date sometime next week. Try not to worry if u dont see any updates or refund by next week then i would worry, lol. You can also check your transcript it updates before the irs website.

I have the ACTC and as the IRS website stated on February 23rd it gave the update. It went to approved and says it is scheduled to be sent to my bank by February 27th. That is also what the IRS stated.
I too went through the PATH notice and then through the "we have received your refund and it's being processed."
I filed my taxes on the 27th and was accepted on the 28th.
It does take a little bit longer with the additional tax credits that the government is giving. Its extra money.
Dont plan to use your tax refund until you have it in your bank. You should always budget and pay bills just as you normally would. This is "extra" money.  Good luck!!

Have not gotten mine yet. No discrepancies but its being reviewed. Can take until May 2nd. The representative I spoke to said if I haven't received  a refund or correspondence by May 2nd to call after that. Other than that I am not given any information. I'm not sure why it is taking so long. Is anyone else being "reviewed"?

Filed 2/21 nothing yet and website still says processing

Filed 2/6 and it still says processing. I've called the IRS and it will not allow you to talk to a real person. I got a letter last month saying it was being reviewed but other that that nothing. Today is 5/2
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies