Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

seputhuff

Payment

I have already paid my federal tax my question is do I get my state tax back or they're going to keep that one too because I've already paid it and it says pending on that's on the IRS statement 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Payment

@seputhuff wrote:

I have already paid my federal tax my question is do I get my state tax back or they're going to keep that one too because I've already paid it and it says pending on that's on the IRS statement 

This is a user community forum.  No one is going to know anything specific about your situation or what you mean in that sentence.    If you wish to explain in more detail, someone might be able to comment in general.   Be aware this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal information.

"or they're going to keep that one, too"

Does your question have something to do with refund offsets due to a debt from previous taxes owed to the IRS and to the state?

Payment

Federal and state are generally separate but the refund for one can be taken by the other if you owe and there is an offset in effect. Don't know what you're referring to because the IRS refund website has nothing to do with any state refund. To check the status of your state refund go to its website or call the state's department of revenue

Payment

TurboTax never knows about offsets to your refund(s) for back taxes or child support you owe.   The IRS or your state can offset your refunds for child support or back taxes.   If they do so, they will send you a letter to explain what happened.   We cannot tell from your post what your situation is, so it is impossible to predict whether you are going to receive a state refund.

Federal and state refunds come from completely separate entities,  There is no rule as to which one will come first or how much time there will be between their arrivals.  Some states process returns quickly and some are very slow.

STATE RETURN

Make sure your state return was accepted:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies