Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PAID TAX w/visa THRU TURBOTAX when I filed. received IRS letter stating owed same in June. CC statement shows pmt so who did Turbotax credit my pmt to??

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

PAID TAX w/visa THRU TURBOTAX when I filed. received IRS letter stating owed same in June. CC statement shows pmt so who did Turbotax credit my pmt to??

TurboTax does not make your tax payment.   TT only provides your credit card/banking information to the IRS and the IRS pulls out your payment.  If you have proof on your credit card statement that the payment was made, then you have to sort it out with the IRS.  Call the number that is on the letter that says you still owe. 

If there is not a phone number on the letter--

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What is the description on your credit card?  Ive seen some posts about the IRS missing the payment if there is a TN in the payee description.  Don't think I’ve seen that it was resolved yet.

TT processed the payment.  I used their set up to MAKE the payment for the first time vs mailing a check  This time I decided to pay the VPS service fee INTUIT Nashville TN 3.95 to make the payment   

I made the payment using their platform which is offered as a part of the filing service.  AND THEY CHARGE you to do so even if it is only $3.95    Its an optional PAID service   They handled the transaction for a FEE

Thanks   No it doenst have TIDN in the transaction description  Pretty sure its a payment processed in limbo    Will send a check from now if ever end up paying again.    UGH    Glad to know its not just mine  

Does your credit card only show the 3.95 fee or the whole tax due payment too?  Intuit would only be for a Turbo Tax charge not a tax due payment.

both charges are listed     It was a small amount   I got a confirmation when I paid when filing  Printed everything out   Sooo glad I did bc Im unable to find anything pertaining to my return except the actual return   I thought I had make a mistake until I dug out my paper copies and looked at my cc statement online to confirm it was actually charged.   I used to pay to file nd now its free so I wonder if thats the issue   my Form is printable but nothing extra      

A thread about the fee from VSP.  It could be a fee for paying the Turbo Tax charge with a credit or debit card and not your IRS tax due.

Solved: Did anyone else receive a fee from "VPS Tax Service" on their credit card after paying their...

You better check the cover sheet and see how you were supposed to pay the IRS.  
Your only proof of payment is your bank or credit card statement showing it coming out.  Turbo Tax does not pay it.  They only send your bank info to the IRS or state for them to pull it out of your account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies