turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I lost my card that I'm suppose to receive my taxes on how do I change my method of recieval?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I lost my card that I'm suppose to receive my taxes on how do I change my method of recieval?

Once you have filed your return you will not be able to change your bank details or refund method.

Is this the Turbo Prepaid Visa that you lost or your personal banking card? See below for instructions. 

Lost Turbo Prepaid Visa: 

• If you lose your card or believe it to be stolen, click here to report it lost/stolen. We will cancel your current card, transfer the remaining balance to a new card, and then mail it out to you at the address on file. A lost/stolen card replacement fee applies. See your Cardholder Agreement for more information. 

Personal Banking Card Lost:

• Notify your bank, so they can flag or close the account.
  • If  your return is rejected, you will be able to go back in and modify the refund payment method.
  • If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed,  it will be pulled back and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on the return. 

See TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5619072

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Once you have filed your return you will not be able to change your bank details or refund method.

Is this the Turbo Prepaid Visa that you lost or your personal banking card? See below for instructions. 

Lost Turbo Prepaid Visa: 

• If you lose your card or believe it to be stolen, click here to report it lost/stolen. We will cancel your current card, transfer the remaining balance to a new card, and then mail it out to you at the address on file. A lost/stolen card replacement fee applies. See your Cardholder Agreement for more information. 

Personal Banking Card Lost:

• Notify your bank, so they can flag or close the account.
  • If  your return is rejected, you will be able to go back in and modify the refund payment method.
  • If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed,  it will be pulled back and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on the return. 

See TurboTax FAQ: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5619072

garnell

how can i get a new card issused if i dont not the card number because i never actavited the card

Please contact Turbo Prepaid Visa Card for questions about your card or account. You can contact them by calling toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

Ignore the prompt asking for your card number.  Choose #1 for lost, stolen, or cards never received, then choose #2, enter SS# if prompted and continue following the instructions.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

As long as you have not filed your return yet (or e-filed and was rejected), you can change your refund method. Please refer to the following link for instructions on how to change your refund method. How do I change my refund method? - Community

You can also report your card lost or stolen, and a new card will be mailed to you. Please view this link to see the instructions under "How to Report Your Card Lost or Stolen"https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/help-faq-s#howtoreportlost  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies