I went on the IRS.gov and checked the where’s my refund, it’s currently saying Take action, there is a delay in processing your refund but there was no code listed, why?

I received the same message and I contacted IRS directly and was informed that all returns with either EIC or Child Tax Credit are being held up to the 27th.  They started processing on 2/15 and said if I don't receive by 2/27 then I can call back to see if there are any new updates.

Hope this helps, I hoping it comes in before rather than later.

RJ

Once you e-file your return, it is in the hands of the IRS.  You can contact the IRS directly at the phone number below to find out why the processing of your return is delayed:

Telephone Assistance for Individuals:

Toll-Free, 800-829-1040 

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time). The phone lines are going to be extremely busy this year – and there will frequently be extensive wait times.

If you have questions, please contact me via this chat.  Thank you!

[Edited 2.6.18|12:55 PM]

I went from being processed to Take Action code 151 nothing else says to wait for a letter am I being audited?