Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yumyumwendys
Returning Member

On final tax return, on Line 27, before the amount of EIC, it says "PYEI" some space and then a "0." Problem?

Hi,

I have to mail my tax return this year for the first time, apparently because I do not have taxable income in 2020. I just want to make sure that everything is correct.

I elected to use my PYEI in TurboTax to still get the EIC for 2020. However, I noticed that my actual dollar quantity of the PYEI is nowhere to be found on the final tax return PDF, even though I entered it on TurboTax.

Is this a problem?  What does the "0" mean next to PYEI? Thank you. 

I greatly appreciate your help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

On final tax return, on Line 27, before the amount of EIC, it says "PYEI" some space and then a "0." Problem?

PYEI stands for Prior Year Earned Income.

You may elect to use your 2019 earned income to figure your EIC if your 2019 earned income is more than your 2020 earned income.

If you make the election to use your 2019 earned income to figure your EIC, enter “PYEI” and the amount of your earned income on the dotted line next to line 27.

For additional information,  please refer to IRS Publication 596

Your return is showing prior year earned income was $0.  If that is not correct and you have a copy of your last year return in order to get the correct amount to use, then go to the earned inome credit setion of the return and enter the correct prior year earned income.

If you do not have any income on the current year return, you cannot e-file it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies