Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aconder301
Returning Member

old account is unrecoverable, made new one, can't access old returns

I was unable to recover an old TurboTax account. I ended up making a new one. However, I need access to my prior returns. The account recovery option online is not an option. There has to be some way to speak to a human being who can actually resolve an issue like this. How do I do this? The 1-800 number reps seem powerless to help me. They just say go to the account recovery process, Even if I tried to do the account recovery using my social it's just going to link me to my current one, why they don't link accounts with the same social? I have no clue.

I understand that you can request this from the IRS, however the IRS indicates I did not file for a particular year that I know I did so I need additional information from TurboTax.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

old account is unrecoverable, made new one, can't access old returns

In this public forum, we do not have access to your personal account information and are not able to help you with recovering your account. If you have tried the account recovery request and have not had success, the best option is to reach back out to Customer Service. You can do so by following the steps in the below help article. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies