turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to get refund after identity verification?

@brookie you're so right! Being patient has gone out the car window. Been waiting for 4 and a half months just for them to tell me my review will be over July 4th. I work but I needed that money to buy another vehicle since the one I drive is coming to an end. With 3 kids and another on the way,that money would definitely help in keeping my job until I finish school and open my store. I'm so over all of this! Not even counting on that money anymore. Will just have save my money for a new vehicle.
pauld421

Has anyone got an update

Sadly no. A person on another forum said that some people have gotten their DDD for 6/5.I got to excited and checked wmr and transcript,nothing.

Ok so Just to let you guys know. I verified my ID over the phone on 5/12/19.. on 5/18/19 the refund was already in my account before WMR updated. I have CHIME bank so it came early since the DDD was 5/20/19. So just letting you guys know for some not all it will go through quicker than you think and as I said in my previous post over 2 weeks ago it happened before where I verified my ID and within a week I got my money. Some will wait 2 weeks others a month depending on I think the amount of money. I personally got over 1k which isn’t a lot compared to the 8-9,000 dollars ppl
Get but anyway the 9 weeks they say is usually a bunch of bull crap and it’s just policy Incase it takes long so they can avoid negative backlash. My cousin just few days ago also got his money over 2500 dollars 10 days after verifying so be positive and hopeful ppl it will come as long as your return isn’t filled with a huge amount of errors. Because my actual refund I got a week ago my brother filed my taxes with TT and made a few mistakes with the income I made and some tax amounts I was taxed but it was all settled since the IRS has an automated machine to regulate these errors. I’ll send screenshots of my DDD on WMR for those who think I’m just lying for no reason because the IRS now is not as busy and overloaded as it was between January-April obviously. Any questions ask me I’ll be online for
Next few hours

I think most of us are still waiting after 9wks, and my 60 additional days were up last week, called today and waiting another 50 days! But I’m patient it’s no point of getting mad at the irs it’s not their fault! We all just have to wait it out

I think most of us are still waiting after 9wks, and my 60 additional days were up last week, called today and waiting another 50 days! But I’m patient it’s no point of getting mad at the irs it’s not their fault! We all just have to wait it out

@quadrick55 did they send you a letter after your 60 days ? My additional 60 days was over Saturday
pauld421

I have a code 570 with a date of 6-10 that would be 6 weeks for me  Verified my ID  On May 6  no Additional letter yet

@hajdebenny that's awesome news! But unfortunately my 9 weeks is up June 15. The reason that being is because the IRS sent me a 45 days review. Saying no action needed. So I decided to get a TA cause I figured it was something more to this.Cause if I only needed to verify my identity and there was nothing else wrong with my return when I filed,than I should have my refund by now or a long time ago. Well come to find out...my wages were off. TA suggested to amend. Now all I'm doing is playing this very long waiting game. So glad you got yours though. 🙂

Well I just called and she says I may be receiving another 60 day letter after I already waited 60days, she says she only see 1 w2 and I told her that’s there’s supposed to be 2 she says that they are waiting for social security to send over my other w2  that’s the hold up for me I’m just tired of waiting I filed 2/6 and verified 3/6 waited my 9 weeks then April 1 I received a letter to wait 60 days. My 60 days were over June 1st I called today and will be sent another letter for 60 days.

@makalah46 no I didn’t, I called and they told me.
pauld421

Well I got off the phone with IRS today was told well see it July 9  I want to have a 4th of July party before them
Ronslyda

I verified my ID June 3rd checked wmr everyday and got on today my bars were back and it said my check will be on the mail by the 21st (my DD closed due to lack of funds go figure) but I'm glad I got a date just sharing cause this chat helped me to worry less

I’m still waiting and I filed feb 6, anyone else ?
brookie

No updates the last time I called they said they needed 60 more days from May 23rd. This is crazy and a bunch of bull**bleep**. I’m about to call a tax advocate. Any news from anyone
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies