Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

Same here saying still processing

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

I called and they said my return was randomly picked for review that I’d have to wait 45 days from the 15th

I could imagine the same thing for me since I filed on the 25th of January

It’s been a week already should I have received a letter or something already

I called a couple days ago and the guy said he didn't know what was going on, I was on the phone for a hour and didn't get any answers. All he said was a letter should be sent out Friday and I should get a code on wmr by then as well.

I thought wmr would tell you rather you’re under review or if they are sending a letter

If they know a letter being issued or if when you'll receive a notification how can they not have any answers

My wmr now says I can’t log in until tomorrow..that’s kind of weird when I just got off the phone with them not it’s not letting log in

You can only check it a certain amount of times a day it will lock out

I only checked twice right before I called and right after...cause I’m sure it said they’ll let you know if it’s under review and they are sending a letter I thought maybe I missed it or something

They did a big system update at the irs and he couldn't figure out the system or the codes on my taxes.

This happen to me last year. I filed on the 1/27/17 claimed the eic credits but my funds was not released mid feb like everyone else. What happened was there was a slight difference with the income that I claimed on my return and what was on my W2. . Mistakenly  a couple numbers was switched ( for example if I entered 40,576 on my return, but my W2 stated 40,676) Eventually I got my refund about 30 days later around mid March. So yes it more than likely would take about 30-45 days maybe sooner if you did not claim Eic or CTC.

Did wmr tell you that they were doing a review

No. Wmr will not tell you anything. I called the irs like 3x and everyone I spoke to gave me 3 different answers. The 3rd time I called the rep told me about my income not matching. I was told I was going to receive a letter but I got the letter like a month after I got my refund.
klsrocks

I'm in Atlanta Ga, happy early afternoon every one. I filed Jan 26th not much changes and my children as always. I'm still on the generic message. Last year I had offsets. At this point I contacted a Tax Advocate. Now the IRS is swamped with returns coming in. I have paid every debt I had to the government so I'm in the clear. I've been told three different things by three different reps in two days. At this point I'm over it. I know for a fact if you have a generic message on Wmr call them ASAP! Especially if it's over 21 days. It means under review for some odd reason. They have to research it. Get as many answers as possible until you feel comfortable. If all else fails contact a Tax Advocate just for the hell of it. I had one last year, by the time she called I had got my money already. And make sure all your returns been filed. If your expecting a large amount they will go back and find a return you may have missed in previous years. I went through that as well. Damn Irs Goons!!!!!!!!!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies