turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

--

If my refund on the IRS website says still processing does it mean I will be audited?

--

--

--

--

--

--

Mine said this? Is it normal? If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances.
klsrocks

Hi I'm new here, but I read the blogs every tax season for insight. Per my individual experience, if WMR has a generic message of being processed vs processing you should be on alert. Twice I've encountered this message and my return was under review. The IRS has implemented new tax laws and ways of verifying returns for accuracy while still fighting IRS scams! Go figure. So any offsets, EIC, higher amounts, ACTC can be immediately flagged for closer attention. You may not recieve a letter or need to do anything. Tax payer advocates sometimes work and sometimes they are not nessecary. If has been more than 21 days call and demand straight forward answers with a calm head. I called yesterday and was told my return was good just waiting to update. Called back today and was told under review for my credits and no action needed on my behalf and those returns didnt start processing before Feb 15th!! Go figure!!! You worked for it, you have a right to know!!!! Happy Tax Season 2018!!!

Same here I wonder if we will get it before he 45 days..

Did mine on January 25th and still haven't received irs refund

Did mines on the 29th and still haven’t received irs refund not even a release date

Did mines on the 29th and still haven’t received irs refund not even a release date

I received my California state refund but not irs

I received my state about 2 weeks ago but my irs doesn’t even have the bar anymore
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies