Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

I never received a letter she just told me that my return was delayed and my review dont start till March 4

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

Stacystewart234 that's when they told me my would get looked at as well this is so frustrating especially when I have never have had this happen before

Me either! I file the same job same husband and our same 2 kids every year nothing has changed.

No never received a letter

I checked my transcripts because I also have the same code and delay and someone has told me I should be able to see a date on there but I have no idea how I can tell what the date is. I see two dates one is March 4th and the other is April 15th those dates are on there multiple times.

It says processing date is March 4th and return due date or return received date is April 15th. I filed on January 25th and was accepted on the 29th and then got the code 1541 around the 15th of February

I also heard the next big update for everyone will be tomorrow the 27th so I’m hoping the rest of us waiting for a date that still have that same code will be approved by morning

Finger cross but the said between Wednesday and Saturday

Has anyone updated so far?

Not yet fingers crossed I’ll see an update by morning!

Not yet fingers crossed I’ll see an update by morning!

Has anyones been updated in the last hour ??

Still no update for me :(

I called the IRS about my 1541. They looked into it and said that my account was flagged for review, but that a letter had not been generated and sent out yet. They told me March 4th is when they begin the review. I know some people on here have been told that info. Has anyone who have been told that info seen an update in their account, or received their refund? I know there is talk on here that some people think it is just what the system is spitting out, but in reality they are just behind on the return.

No update for me either. Everyone is getting that same message from irs, that we are under review. I’ve seen people still get dates after several reps said they are under review. Hopefully all of ours update Saturday, if not I’m not even gonna worry anymore.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies