tbrass84

New bank account since last year where does stimulus go?

Ok, so my first two stimulus deposits went to my old bank account. It has been just over the 6-month time frame that the bank forwards direct deposits from that old account to new one. I filed with turbo tax and already received my return to my new account. Will the new stimulus get sent to the account I used to e-file with turbo or the old one the IRS has on file?

MinhT1

If you filed your 2020 tax return and already received your refund direct deposited into your new bank account, then the IRS already has your new account information and the third stimulus payment should be direct deposited to that new account.

tbrass84

Thanks. Wasn’t sure since it went through turbo tax if the irs had my info or not. Last year before the first payment I had to send them my bank info because they didn’t have it, despite having filed with turbo tax for efile