You will have to log on using the account information you filed last years taxes with.
Access to prior year returns is not a feature of the Federal Free Edition. You will need to upgrade your version of TurboTax, purchase a "Plus" package or request a transcript of your prior years return from the IRS (Link at the bottom of this answer). The price you pay for the upgrade comes with more features than just access to your prior years returns. the features of the various TurboTax products are explained on the TurboTax website listed below:
The features of the "Plus" package upgrade are listed below:
PLUS is an optional add-on package that includes more help and tools for our TurboTax Federal Free Edition customers:
- Get a head start by transferring last year's info from your TurboTax return
- Live Expert Advice gives you priority access to talk one-on-one with TurboTax experts, CPAs, and enrolled agents
- Find out what impacts your refund and get personalized tips with My Analysis and Advice*
- Use Tax Return Access to view and print copies of all your completed TurboTax returns*
- Store all of your important tax documents with My Docs*
*Available once you've completed your PLUS purchase.
IRS link as promised: