cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

. Need a paper copy of my taxes. Turbotax only printing as a PDF file, not letting me print on my printer.

My printer is working. Please help!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 17 rjs
Level 17

. Need a paper copy of my taxes. Turbotax only printing as a PDF file, not letting me print on my printer.

That's how TurboTax prints. It creates a PDF file. You print the PDF to your printer using the Print function in Acrobat Reader, or whatever other PDF reader you are using. You cannot print directly to the printer from TurboTax.

17 Replies
Level 17

PDF files should print just fine....what happens when you use Adobe Reader and open the PDF then try to print it?
Level 17

@jeanetluc  can you open the PDF and see the tax return forms but the printer just wont print anything?
Level 1

Yes, that's  what is frustrating me. Printer will not print
Level 17

That's a computer/printer issue, not TurboTax, sorry.
Level 14

Save the PDF to a thumb drive and take it to a place you can print it ... a friend, family member/ office depot, etc.
Level 1

my printer is working except with Turbotax. never had a printing issues last year or previous year. I do not want to print to a PDF file but to my printer
Level 14

Level 17 rjs
Level 17

That's how TurboTax prints. It creates a PDF file. You print the PDF to your printer using the Print function in Acrobat Reader, or whatever other PDF reader you are using. You cannot print directly to the printer from TurboTax.

Level 1

I have printed directly to the printer for the last 5 years.  Why does Turbotax make changes that are so frustrating? Still cannot print from  the PDF file.