turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeanetluc

. Need a paper copy of my taxes. Turbotax only printing as a PDF file, not letting me print on my printer.

My printer is working. Please help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

. Need a paper copy of my taxes. Turbotax only printing as a PDF file, not letting me print on my printer.

That's how TurboTax prints. It creates a PDF file. You print the PDF to your printer using the Print function in Acrobat Reader, or whatever other PDF reader you are using. You cannot print directly to the printer from TurboTax.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

PDF files should print just fine....what happens when you use Adobe Reader and open the PDF then try to print it?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

@jeanetluc  can you open the PDF and see the tax return forms but the printer just wont print anything?
jeanetluc

Yes, that's  what is frustrating me. Printer will not print

That's a computer/printer issue, not TurboTax, sorry.

Save the PDF to a thumb drive and take it to a place you can print it ... a friend, family member/ office depot, etc.
jeanetluc

my printer is working except with Turbotax. never had a printing issues last year or previous year. I do not want to print to a PDF file but to my printer

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

That's how TurboTax prints. It creates a PDF file. You print the PDF to your printer using the Print function in Acrobat Reader, or whatever other PDF reader you are using. You cannot print directly to the printer from TurboTax.

jeanetluc

I have printed directly to the printer for the last 5 years.  Why does Turbotax make changes that are so frustrating? Still cannot print from  the PDF file.
slpetri60

I have also printed from turbo tax

Have you tried rebooting your computer?  Are you using the Desktop program as indicated on your question?
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You did not print directly to the printer from TurboTax for the last 5 years. TurboTax started "printing" to PDF for 2012 tax returns. It is not a recent change.
jeanetluc

Yes, I am using a desktop program.  No issue last year.  I press print and got my paper copies

When checking my PDF file there are no returns there.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies