Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mulderbl6

My utah refund said i made a mistake and my refund was $287 less than anticipated, what are my options?

I talked with a state rep, that told me they adjusted it on their end and sent me an email. Which i havnt gotten.  Their explanation was not detailed or good.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My utah refund said i made a mistake and my refund was $287 less than anticipated, what are my options?

The information you received from the state should have indicated a way for you to dispute/disagree with the state on the changes made on your state tax return.

If it did not then contact the state again to find out the procedure to use when you disagree with their changes.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You may wish to wait for the email to arrive or a letter of explanation. If not, then I would call and insist on what type of adjustment made on your return. You should though receive some type of communication from the state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

While you are waiting for a letter I would check over your state return.  Maybe you can spot that amount or a credit or payment.  Double check the withholding from W2 box 17 or on any 1099 forms got entered right.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies