turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ritza44

My taxes were under review and now the review has been complete since march 2nd do you know how long it usually takes ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Intuit Alumni

My taxes were under review and now the review has been complete since march 2nd do you know how long it usually takes ?

Depending on what the review was for it can take 9 weeks or so for them to release and send the refund to you. Some taxpayers have seen their refund in about 5 weeks for certain review items. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

11 Replies
WillK
Intuit Alumni

Depending on what the review was for it can take 9 weeks or so for them to release and send the refund to you. Some taxpayers have seen their refund in about 5 weeks for certain review items. 

ritza44

They didn't ask me to provide any type of information when they sent me the letter idk if that is good or bad
WillK
Intuit Alumni

You can call the IRS and ask them what they concluded from the review and see if they can send you some more information.
ritza44

Is there a way I can find out what the review is for cause they didn't say besides that they pick people every year to view refunds and if further review I will get contacted but the review ended up getting completed

I called last week & they said my return was released from review on March 2nd. She said I will get it any day, usually within 2 weeks. Hopefully I get it Monday morning when banks open.

Mine was under review as well.  I filed on 2/8/18 and was accepted the same day.   I called on 3/2/18 to find why I hadn't received my refund yet, they told me I was on a 45 day hold for review and should see my refund by the 1st or 2nd week in april.  Called again on 3/8/18 and was told still under review, expiring on 4/7/18.  Then yesterday, I logged in to see if there were any updates on what I would need to do, and it said I was approved and my refund date is 3/14/18.

Wow that’s awesome! That means I should get mine. This whole process was a mess. What does your last name start with? I’m thinking they’re releasing returns in alphabetical order for the people who got a review @ayoder2010

My last name starts with Y. I think I heard some 4 million people are having this issue. My best friend is in the same boat.
WillK
Intuit Alumni

My review concluded on Aug 5... they told me to call back if I didn't get anything in the mail or a call by Aug 5... got no mail or voice message. Every time I call, I sit on hold for 30+ min then this recording comes on saying they are experiencing unusually high call volume and to try calling back another day then CLICK! hung up on. I am so beyond frustrated. I call daily and cannot ever get to an actual human. My refund was filed on April 13th 2019 and its now almost September 1 and I haven't received it. Does anyone have any tricks or special method for reaching an actual human being on an IRS phone number? If so, please share! It would be greatly appreciated. Is there a chance they will just randomly mail my refund and I will magically receive a check in the mail one of these days?? Has anyone else experienced this long of a wait even after your review period ended?

@dallasmccluske wrote:

I call daily and cannot ever get to an actual human.

Here's how to reach a live agent at the IRS:

800-829-1040 (7AM-7 PM local time) Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do not choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

• First choose your language.  Then listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • Then press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions." 
  • It may then ask for your SSN, but do not enter it.  Just wait.    If it asks for SSN a second time, still do not enter it.
  • Then you'll get another menu.  Choose 2 for "personal" then you should be transferred.

I usually use a speakerphone so I can work on something else while waiting.

If you don't get good info/results from the IRS, you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate for your area.   They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, or if there have been continued delays with lack of info from the IRS.    At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Manage cookies