My taxes were audited but now my case is closed

Kfrank55

My taxes were audited in march. I had to prove some information and other stuff. I got a letter in early august stating “i am owed” i faxed in my paper work and i learned my case was closed on 10/23/20 (around 1 week ago) can anyone tell me when i should be expecting it by direct deposit? As everyone knows were in a middle of a pandemic and without stimulus and minimal unemployment I NEED THAT MONEY VERY BADLY! If someone could please answer this ill greatly appreciate it 🙏🏽 God bless you guys

No one in the user forum knows when the IRS will send your money.  TurboTax does not receive any information at all from the IRS after you file your tax return.  Only the IRS controls when the refund will be sent.  Contact the IRS.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Kfrank55

I was basically asking has anyone ever had there taxes audited and if so after they closed your case how long did it take to get the funds ?! But thanks for your reply I definitely appreciate it

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you asked 100 people who were audited and were due a refund you would probably get 100 different answers as to how long it took.  a paper check could take 6 weeks or more.  if the IRS will b making electronic payment 3-4 weeks, maybe more.   so you know, some taxpayers have complained that they're still waiting after 9 months.  I got mine in 3 weeks.