Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My. Taxes went under review its days 45 days what does that mein

I claimed the EIC but it’s got nothing to do with that now. I moved last year so I had multiple employers and I’ve been told that my income I filed isn’t matching up with what they have on file. Apparently they haven’t received one of my W-2s from my past employer. I called my old job and they said they mailed it on 1/15/19 but haven’t received a confirmation from the IRS. I’m really hoping this all gets sorted quickly. It appears the government shutdown screwed with a lot of people this year.

same thing happened with me filed in jan. received my state no update on federal, got a letter in mail stating it was under review and not to contact before 60 days!! no credits other than school, no kids, never happened before!!! why cant they take money from other people and not the hard working ones!!!!!
Buttonz

I don't know what's really going on or why this is happening.  I just know I need my money now and it doesn't appear that I will anytime soon.  I keep checking wmr tool daily with the hopes it will change.  Foolish me!
jcpowers3
Returning Member

I hate the irs I have been hung up on multiple times just trying to get answers on this I died January 31st and have been waiting since I called and they said April 25th. These people don’t care and just treat you like dirt. This is insane. We claimed the additional child credit .
mols4us

I filed and accepted Feb 22nd. Status saying same thing. This is ridiculous. I called and the guy kept putting me on hold. Them said an advocate would contact me. I just went to court for eviction, trying to save my home. Plus my daughter is a Type 1 Diabetic, insulin dependant. This is freaking F__KD UP. I don't have any other codes just the 152. How do we know that they didn't do something to our taxes..........

I filed on Feb 1st. I just got my state taxes yesterday. My fed still hasnt come. I did hear that if someone owes child support they are waiting for them to do their taxes and will transfer their refund to the person who is owed the child support. I also heard that if you have financial aid you have not paid on they are sending out letters to set up payment plans and if a payment plan is not established or started being paid they will keep your tax refund next year automatically unless it is paid off with this years refund when you get it. I called and spoke with someone who said reference tax number 152 does not need to do anything they needed a extra 45 days after the 21 day mark, now they are asking 60 days. But these are the reasons mainly

I don’t know why they would tell you that but they do NOT hold a persons tax return if their ex is behind in child support, ever. That actually doesn’t make any sense since those behind in child support are obviously already avoiding their financial obligations and it would further impair the parent who filed early. I receive my ex’s tax return every single year for the last 5 years and never has my tax return been held up for him. It is sent to me after he files, I usually get it in early May. If they’re telling you that, they’re lying.  

I did get a call from my Tax Advocacy Agent today and was told that one of my employers hadn’t reported my income. I just had to fax him a letter and my w-2 and he’s processing it now. I should have a refund date in the next week or so.
amw9611

So I recieved a letter yesterday stating that my refund can take 60 days from March 8 (date on letter) when before they kept telling me it could take up to 45 days from March 4. Remind you I filed January 26th.

My letter said the same thing so that’s when I reached out to the Tax Advocacy Agent so they could push it along

amw9611 I am going through the exact situation. Filed Jan 26th, accepted Jan 28th. I found out there was something wrong around Feb 15th. I called the # and ext provided in the message. They told me they needed nothing but I had to wait 45 days starting Mar 4th. Now I just got a letter saying they need nothing from me but I have to wait 60 days starting Mar 7th. I have no idea wtf is going on or when if I even do get my money. Very irritating, stressful, and sad.

Megandsnnn, how does one contact a tax advocate? Can anyone?
wch01-

I have the same problem this is the first time this has ever happened to me. First is said my taxes were under review the I got a letter for the 60 days. Then my status changed on the IRS2Go app. To filed and processing. And it’s been that way for two weeks. So I called to find out and the rep said it’s a 45 day review since March 7th? I don’t understand.
hit42214

Lets just say the people who really need there money or need to get cought up in life get f**ked eic its a joke single dad my wife walked out on me and my 2 kids couldnt work needed a baby sitter lost job and power fixing to be shut off lets just say irs plp get to go home to there house eat food and have a great life well us poor folk get the short end of stick so f the irs sorry yall but them mother fers take that much time to look at this like wow. Wish i could go to work and ack like im doing something and play on Facebook all day and say f them i got 60 day and if i dont get it done ill send another letter that i wont get saying 90 days

The Tax Advocate Agency is a branch of the IRS that can push through the process for those experiencing financial hardship due to not getting their taxes. If you’re finding yourself in that situation, here is the link <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate">https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-ad...> They can speed up the process and investigate what the problem is. I’ve heard great things about them. I was NOT going to wait 45 or 60 days just to find out it was something I could’ve fixed from the get go. I hope this helps all of you!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies