hutsonadam

My taxes need to be re-filed. The party that claimed my dependent has amended their taxes

retiree

Since it could take take up to 2-4 months for the IRS to process the child's amended return, your only option this year is to NOT e-file and PRINT and MAIL your own return.

It might also be a good idea to actually take your PRINTED return and the amended return, form 1040-X, to the Post Office and mail it 'Certified' with 'Return receipt requested'.  That way you'll have actual proof that the IRS did receive it and when.

retiree