turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

baby6905

My tax status shows pending

Efiiled still shows pending after 1 week
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

For most people the 24-48 hour clock to get an acceptance or rejection notice won't start until January 27, as I'll explain below.

When you efiled, did you go all the way to the final screen and click a big orange button that says "Transmit My Returns Now?"

If you successfully efiled, then log back into your Online Account.  At the Tax Home page what is shown for the status?    Does it say pending, rejected, accepted, or what?

If it says your efile status is still "pending", that would be normal at this point in early filing season.   Be aware that the IRS doesn't open up to officially start processing returns until January 27.  If you efile before then, your return will sit on TurboTax servers until the IRS retrieves it on Jan. 27 (except for a few returns that are pulled early for testing purposes.)    So most people won't know until after January 27 whether the return is accepted or rejected.    Once accepted, that is when processing will actually begin and the 24-48 hour clock will start. 

And if you are due a Federal refund, wait at least 24 hours after you hear that it's accepted, then it should show up in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.

Why is it saying this 

@Helen reynolds wrote:

Why is it saying this 

I'm sorry, but we don't know what the "it" is that is saying something, and have no idea what your story is.  

Did you recently efile, and are you referring to an efile status you are seeing at the Tax Home of your Online TurboTax account?   Or are you referring to something you see at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

You need to explain your situation and what you are experiencing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies